When we search for something on Google, it will immediately be presented with very helpful articles.
How can Google know ya? Why do you think a website can appear in the top search?
Don’t get confused, Google is not a psychic.
Google can know one article is relevant to what you are looking for because of several things, one of which is backlinks.
For websites, backlinks can improve performance in Google search. Backlinks are also needed to help organic traffic through SEO strategies,so your site can perch on Google’s top rankings.
Well, to find out if there are backlinks on our website, the simplest way is to use the backlink checker tools.
With backlink checker, you can easily monitor the quality of links that go to your site. In addition, data from this tool can be used to develop a website link building strategy.
Out there, there are a lot of backlink checkers that offer competing features.
So you don’t get confused, we’ll compare the 7+ list of the best free backlink checkers of the year for your reference.
If you paint another website link, then you are the backlink giver. Conversely, if there is a website that has a link pointing to your website page, then you are the recipient of the backlink.
ilustrasi crawling google mencari backlink
Google always crawls website pages with certain keywords. Well, if you have a backlink, it will be easier for Google to find your website.
This is because Google could have found a link to your website from another website. After that your website will be indexed and appear in search results relevant to a particular keyword.
However, that doesn’t mean you can accept just any backlink. Who gives backlinks to your website is also influential.
The more quality backlinks you lead to your website, the higher your ranking in Google search.
But on the contrary, if the backlink to your website is just spam, yes of course it will be difficult to ride.
Who wants to get quality backlinks?
Quiet… You can learn how to get quality backlinks for websites in previous articles.
Keep in mind, one of the things to do is to use the tools to check the backlinks on your website.
Google’s way of determining whether a website’s backlinks are relevant to related topics is to look at the types of backlinks.
There are two types of backlinks that determine the quality of your backlinks, namely:
This type of backlink is the desire of all website owners. Because this backlink sends a signal to Google to index the destination link.
So that the intended website is increasingly “visible” and the ranking can be increased.
While nofollow backlinks are attributes in HTML rel=nofollow that give code to search engines not to follow painted links.
Typically, nofollow backlinks are used when not wanting to provide backlinks for free and to avoid spam backlinks.
Also read: How to Create a Dofollow/Nofollow Link in Your WordPress
As the name implies, each backlink checker has a primary function to know the backlinks on a domain or URL.
There are some data that is usually required in each backlink checker, namely:
- Referring Page / URL – A website page or URL that provides a backlink.
- Referring Domains – The number of domains that provide backlinks.
- Domain and Page Score – The value or rating of the domain and the page that provides the backlink.
- Button Backlink – Can be anchor text, URL, and image to go to the backlink.
- Dofollow and nofollow – Information related to backlink types.
However, in order to be able to compete, of course, each backlink checker has its own advantages.
You can check it out with the backlink checker tools below.
Ahrefs is the most complete digital marketing analysis tool.
The features that Ahrefs has are more than enough to provide useful analytical data as website optimization materials.
Amazingly, there are 16 trillion pages of crawled websites that are updated every 15-30 minutes! You can also check the backlink index in real time in Ahrefs.
The way to check is very easy, you just have to log in to Ahrefs Site Explorer and enter the link you want to check.
Next, you’ll see backlink data that points to your site.
You will get the top 100 backlink data from the link you are looking for. So you can also see backlinks from competitor domains.
Ahrefs also helps you know the traffic from Google searches to backlink pages. This feature is very rare in other backlink checkers.
- Use is not difficult.
- Can check competitor backlinks.
- Google’s search traffic feature.
- Provide detailed data, such as anchor text distribution, dofollow and nofollow backlinks, domain rating, and others.
- Can view a list of backlinks in real-time.
- There is historical backlink data (new and old backlinks) and missing backlink lists.
- Notification if there is a new backlink or backlink missing.
You can use the free version on Ahrefs with limited features. For premium accounts,you can try for 7 days for only USD 7.
Moreover, Ahrefs provides several service packs with varying prices, ranging from USD 99-999 per month.
Because SEMrush actively crawls about 17 billion URLs per day and has analyzed over 33 trillion backlinks.
To use these tools, you are required to create an account. After that, it’s only necessary to type the domain name you want to check in the SeMrush Analysis Backlink.
Then, you’ll see the data as below.
data laporan tool backlink checker SEMrush di backlink analysis
The data provided by SEMrush is quite complete. Visible in the details of the analysis table of each backlink. In fact, SEMrush also has other backlink features.
Like, Backlink Audit, Link Building Tool,and Backlink Gap. Everything you can take advantage of to make the most of your backlink process.
- The existence of new and lost backlink information.
- Identify all incoming backlinks to both domains, subdomains, and URLs.
- Information about the quality of the domain that provides the backlink and its location.
- Detects dofollow and nofollow backlinks.
- Know which pages have the most backlinks.
- Track competitors’ backlinks.
- Compare link building progress to 5 competitor domains at once.
- It integrates with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Majestic.
- There is a disavow feature to prevent Google from indexing backlinks.
- There is a disavow feature to reject backlinks.
The above backlink data can be accessed in free version for 7 days.
For premium features such as backlink analytics, backlink audit, link building tool, and bulk analysis.
You can subscribe to Pro plan USD 99.95/month, Teacher plan USD 199.95/month,and for Business USD 399.95/month.
It’s very easy because you can directly check the backlinks in the UberSuggest Backlink Checker, like the picture below.
But of course, you are required to sign up to get more complete data.
In addition, there are brief statistics containing backlink reports in real-time. UberSuggest also provides its summary in statistics as below.
And lastly, UberSuggest also provides a complete table containing backlink information,such as the following.
Per one page of the table, UberSuggest provides 100 lists of backlinks that point to the website.
Also, on the left tab of the screen that says Top Pages,you’ll see total backlinks per page.
And you’ll see detailed backlink data per page by clicking View All.
- Provides an easy-to-read backlink summary.
- Provides backlink growth charts historically.
- Can see competitor backlinks.
- There are filters for viewing backlinks in various data such as, by geographic region, backlink text, score domain, page score, dofollow and nofollow.
- The existence of Organic Monthly Traffic information that shows the estimated traffic obtained by the domain from organic search for a month.
You can enjoy the backlink data above with the free version.
If you need more complete data, UberSuggest provides a choice of paid service types.
Monthly packages are priced from USD 12-40. While the lifetime package starts from USD 120-400.
All you have to do is type the name of the domain you want to search for in Link Research.
Then, you will be asked to sign up and, voila! You will meet the data as below.
In addition, you can see the backlink report in a nutshell like the following.
The data above contains three short statistics, namely:
- Historically reports the number of indexed and missing backlinks.
- Real-time backlink growth metrics by Domain Authority, Page Authority, and Linking Domains.
- Comparison of dofollow and nofollow backlinks from both internal links and external links.
Moz Pro also provides a Link Intersect feature to compare backlinks on your website with five competitor websites at once. So, you can find out which backlinks belong to competitors you don’t have.
- Quick download feature per backlink report.
- The existence of Page Authority data that shows the potential of page rank in search engines.
- Can find out competitors’ backlinks, even compare them.
- Find broken links, so you can fix them and maintain the quality of backlinks.
- Check spam backlinks that go to your website.
The report above can be accessed with the free version,but the features are still very limited.
There are still many awesome features of Moz Pro that help check for backlinks that are still locked. To open it you must be a paid subscription.
From USD 99-599 per month to USD 950-5,750 per year. Previously, you could try the premium version, Moz Pro provides a free trial for 30 days.
After entering the URL of the domain you want to check in OpenLinkProfiler, you will be presented with this look.
At the very top of the screen, you will see how many backlinks total and the number of domains that go to the website.
The data is helped by a backlink detail table at the bottom of the screen. There is a Link Influence Score that shows the quality of backlinks.
Complete with dofollow or nofollow backlink type,as well as backlink text and target links.
- There is a notification feature to update the development of backlinks.
- No need for a paid subscription.
- Full features and specific data with details below.
- fitur tambahan tool OpenLinkProfiler
The features offered by OpenLinkProfiler are quite complete. But to access it in its entirety, you need to create an account.
Take it easy, it’s free!
The next tool is BuzzSumo which can analyze the content of your website as well as your competitors.
Before using it, you must first sign up.
Next, you can check the backlink easily, just click Content and select Backlink,then enter the URL you want to check.
You can set filters to search for backlinks on your website.
There are four filters that can be searched, namely, Past Year, Domains, Target links to exact page, All results per domain.
BuzzSumo provides unique data from others, namely social media engagement data of your website content.
Like, facebook engagement, twitter shares, and more.
- Easy to use.
- Deliver trending content and competitor content.
- There is a lot of information about social media engagement.
You can use the free version with limited use.
If you need other features besides backlinks, you can subscribe to the paid version. From USD 99 to USD 499+/month.
After you create your account, you can type the URL you want to check on the dashboard on the Analysis Backlink menu and you’ll get the look as below.
In the report above, you can set data options such as, All, New (new backlink) and Lost (missing backlinks).
You can also enable filters to view Dofollow and Nofollow backlinks, as well as Active or Deleted backlinks.
Although LinkMiner doesn’t present backlink data as much as other backlink checkers, the table you see can be said to be complete with additions containing:
- AR (Alexa Ranking) – Alexa backlinks ranking page.
- LS (Link Strength) – the strength/quality of backlinks, usually influenced by several factors such as Citation Flow, Trust Flow, Dofollow/Nofollow, and so on.
In addition, there is a summary of backlink quality. This is done by looking at Citation Flow, Trust Flow, Reference IPs, Reference Domains,and how many Active Backlinks.
Especially for Ref. IPs, Ref. Domains, and Active Backlinks, linkMiner presented data sourced from Majestic’s Fresh Index that we will discuss next.
- Can view a preview of the backlinks page mobilely and desktop.
- There is a ‘favorite’ URL feature that can store backlink data.
- Can check the backlinks of competitors.
- There are free SEO Tools to maximize the link building process.
You can try it for free for 10 days. After that, you can subscribe for a fee ranging from USD 29.90 to USD 79.90 per month.
That way, you can access other LinkMiner features such as, Competitor Keywords, SERP Lookups, Site Lookups, and others.
8. Majestic SEO
And lastly there is Majestic SEO. For backlink checking, you will be asked to sign up.
After that, enter the URL you want to check in Majestic SEO. And you’ll get summary data like the one below.
In addition to the above key information, other information is provided such as, Link Context, Language, Link Density of Inbound Link, Backlink History, and Backlink Breakdown.
Majestic SEO is reliable because it has an index database of over 2 trillion URLs that are constantly updated.
- Backlink checker feature based on historic index (old URL data) and fresh index (latest URL data).
- The features and data presented are complete.
- The view contains graphics and is clean.
- There is customer support that is ready to help.
For the free version, you’ll only get a summary of the entire data instead of detailed information.
You can only access other features if you have a paid subscription, ranging from USD 49.99 to USD 399.99 per month.
Basically, backlink checker aims to know the quality of backlinks on your website. Therefore, backlink checker tools are a practical solution so that your SEO efforts are not wasted.
Here we present a concise comparison between the eight backlink checker tools that have been discussed.
Have you chosen any of the backlink checkers above? Or do you want to use several tools at once?
You can freely explore as far as any data you need to develop your backlinks, To improve website performance.
So, how’s your Results backlink ?